22.5" disposable foil drip pans

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
I was recently contacted by one of our members, Roger Cobb, about a new product he's developed: disposable foil drip pans for the WSM 22.5" water pan.

vspRg1V.jpg

Roger sent me a couple to evaluate and I've not had a chance to try them yet because my 22.5" cooker is not available at the moment (long story). However, they appear to be made from thick, sturdy foil (like a disposable turkey roasting pan) and should last 2, maybe 3 uses in the backyard before throwing away. Roger says some guys that buy them for competition just use them once for the convenience of easy cleanup at the end of a contest.

Last I heard, Roger was selling them for $4 a piece (minimum order of 10) plus shipping. If you want to learn more, drop him an email at drippans@gmail.com

Chris, sorry to hear your 22.5 is sidelined!
I think these could be very useful, and probably way better than when I've tried to bend up a rectangular pan into some crude facsimile of a round pan.

Let's see, $1.25 / cook versus a few cents in foil and a little labor. I'm cheap, disposable pans would have to be $0.50 for me to purchase. Bad enough we're paying $10 bucks a bag for 20lbs of Kingsford. Next time the briquettes go on sale, I think I'll buy a pallet and put it in the garage like some of our other members.

Thanks for posting the information though, hope you get your WSM online soon.

Back