First MOD complete!

M Schneider

TVWBB Member
Finally got the nerve to drill holes in the WSM and got the new lid hinge installed. Very well made and it works like a champ! I think the CB door will be next. :cool:

Cool! I've been thinking about getting one of those hinges.

Question... Is there a quick release pin or something so that you can take the lid off completely?

Hinge looks pretty cool. I always hate having to take the lid off and set it on the concrete to move meat etc.

To anyone who has had one installed for a few years have you had any troubles?

While not years, I've had mine for about a year on an 18 and have had no problems. Considering it for my 22 also.

Hinge looks pretty cool. I always hate having to take the lid off and set it on the concrete to move meat etc.

To anyone who has had one installed for a few years have you had any troubles?

I don't think they've really been around or people have been aware of them for long enough. I got my first one for my old 18" that I sold, back in April, and now have a month-old one on my new 22". They're made of stainless steel and the only "parts" to it is the stainless pin, so I don't see it ever breaking down. The walls/metal of the smoker/grill will break before the hinge does.

If you're on the fence due to questions of build quality, don't be. The hinge is well-built.

Back