pork bellies at Costco

Griff

TVWBB Super Fan
I like to make belly bacon, but it took me years to find a source of bellies. Then a couple years ago someone suggested the local Asian market. They have them but they are in the $4-5 a pound range. I just discovered that Costco now carries pork bellies at $2.29/lb. I can bring home the bacon at that price.

Just returned from Costco, south St Louis county store, they have whole skin on bellies for $1.99/lb, or large chunk slices for $2.99/lb.
I almost fainted!
Bought a whole one, should have fresh bacon by Grillfest 3.
edit to try to fix pic.

coatco%252520pork%252520belly.jpg

Last edited:
funny, I see it both places.
ok, I downloaded it to Picasa on my computer, then uploaded back to the Picasa cloud.
I need to start carrying a camera, too much work, or I'm too dumb know how to do it any easier.

coatco%252520pork%252520belly.jpg

Dang! If my Costco has them I just ran out of excuses to try making bacon, no one around her carries pork bellies.

I must live in the largest city in the country without a Costco. Two Sam's Clubs, mind you, but the closest Costco is Kansas City...2-1/2 hours away.

They were scheduled to break ground on a Costco here, the middle of 2008. Guess what happened? :(

The Costco in San Marcos, CA has skinned ones for $2.29 a pound. Most weigh in the neighborhood of 10 LBS. That's a LOT of pork belly, imho.

I get mine at a Mexican carneceria for $2.99 a pound untrimmed. They will cut whatever size I want.

10 lbs is average
most I get are 12
i'll pay 2 bucks! That's a AWESOME price! Even 3 bucks per pound is great!

What does GOOD bacon sell for in the stores? 8 - 10 bucks a pound?
c'mon, making your own bacon is a fricken BLAST AND you get to DRINK BEER while doing it!
Oscar Mayer is done rollin' over!

I finally got by Costco today. There they were: $2.29 per lb. I grabbed a nice 11 pounder for some bacon.

Last edited:

Back