Max fan speed

Trent C

I have my max fan speed set at 50 but the fan will still run full speed. Where have I messed up?

Thanks
Trent.

Does the blower stay on regardless of percentage, if so post some board pictures. Also, make sure you did not hook the blower up to the wrong cat5 wires

It changes speed fine. The sound of the fan follows the number in the display. It just doesn't stop at 50%. It gets close to 50 and then keeps going till 100 or whatever it's target speed is.

I have a customized HM home page with a dual bar showing HM % and actual blower %, I'm not sure if the standard HM does that or not, been a while since I've used it... I think you should probably see two shades on the blower status bar, the darker shade would be the actual blower speed and the lighter would be the HM %.

Also, there is MAX and STARTUP MAX...... If you have STARTUP MAX at 100% the blower will run at 100% until the pit setpoint is achieved for the first time, then the blower will change to the MAX setting.... So if you haven't hit the setpoint it will sit at STARTUP MAX....

Try putting the setpoint a little above room temp. then grab the pit probe to warm it up above the set point.... does the blower speed drop now?

Back