Jumbo Joe, here I come!

JayG

The grilling season is passing quickly and so as not to waste any more of it, I just ordered a Jumbo Joe and a few accessories from Amazon.
I haven’t used charcoal since my Hibachi days in college so is Kingsford still a good brand? I still have some mesquite and apple wood chips that I used with my Genesis 1, so I’m ok on that score.

I may be using the JJ for quite awhile since the odds of fixing my old gasser range from “Hey, you’ve got a reasonable chance of fixing the old thing” to “You couldn’t fix a paper bag with a roll of Scotch Tape and an instruction manual.” :)

I’m looking forward to carrying the JJ to the patio where it is shady in the late afternoon. The Genesis was a pain to roll around to the back of the house. So I grilled in front of the garage where it was hot as a demon’s hemorrhoid.

Now to start reading all the posts in this section.

Last edited:
First off, welcome to the board! I liked your original title! Very clever! As for the Kingsford, it's what my Dad used and all I've ever used, so IMHO, it's still a good brand. Have fun with your JJ!:coolkettle:

When I do decide to go old school and use charcoal I bust out the Jumbo Joe. I prefer Royal Oak Hardwood charcoal over the kingsford stuff. Just make sure you DO NOT use match lite. that stuff is gross.

Kingsford blue is all I use along with chunks of fruit wood. The jumbo joe is a great little grill. I got the old school version jumbo, the smokey joe platinum. Use it a lot in the summer when we're up in the woods escape the heat. Load up some pictures of your first cook when you get your new grill.

Back