How to bend WSM 18.5 in door?

Brady ATX

I have some smoke that is exiting the outside door and it is preventing my smoker staying and holding temperature. When contacting customer service at Weber they suggested that I bend the door to prevent heat from leaving. Any suggestions on how to effectively bend the outside door to not eff it up too bad?

I have some smoke that is exiting the outside door and it is preventing my smoker staying and holding temperature. When contacting customer service at Weber they suggested that I bend the door to prevent heat from leaving. Any suggestions on how to effectively bend the outside door to not eff it up too bad?

I think it depends on where it's leaking. I think the typical thing is that the door isn't rounded enough, or it's too flat. So you wanna grab the 2 vertical sides and gently bend them closer together. Maybe if you have a round post that's cylindrical you can do it gently without it buckling. I actually had to do this with my cajun bandit door but with that there was little chance of folding the door.

I think the typical thing is that the door isn't rounded enough, or it's too flat. So you wanna grab the 2 vertical sides and gently bend them closer together.

yes this is what I did. I also put it on and gently hit it with a hammer to eliminate the gaps and it's worked perfect ever since. probably not my brightest move ever, but it worked.

I just put the door on my thigh and worked one side at a time till i got the door to where i wanted it, I went slow as to not put a kink in the center worked like a charm.

Back