Eager to start a mini project

JRogersMI

Hey guys, im new around here. Name is Justin, so...hello! Had a few quick questions. Ive been looking over and over at the mini projects and I want to build on. Had a questions about the therm. I saw the weber therm gaskets and figured I could grab a few of those but I saw a lot of mention about a maverick therm? Is their a model number someone has handy? Also does the probe just slide into the grommet or does it attach permanently? IM sure Ill have more questions along the way. Thanks in advance and I look forward to becoming a part of this community! Ive been stealing recipes for years.....:p

Most use the Maverick 732, or 733. I have a 732 but only use it as a back up now. I use my iGrill2 as my go to remote therm. I also have a quick read Theramawand from Lava Tools ($25.00 on Amazon) that I use for taking meat temps.

The Weber Gaskets are really slick. I have tried every form of fitting and these are the best route that I have found.

Welcome to the site Justin. As far as the grommet goes, depends on what type you get. If you get the one from Weber, it's made of silicon and the probe slides right thru. You really don't need to worry about the diameter of the probe. With fixed fittings, just make sure the probe can slide thru easily. I always remove my probes from my mini when not in use.

I like the idea of the smaller unit as their is only 2 of us to cook for most of the time. I started building it yesterday. Pics to come soon :) ty for the info all

Back