Maverick ET733 alert blinking

DougE

I just bought a Maverick ET733, and connected the two probes. The receiver is working
(both registering the same ambient temp).

My question is about the alert. If I press the ((*)) button at the lower left one time,
that symbol ((*)) appears in both probe windows on the right hand side. The symbol
and temp for probe #2 is blinking, but not for probe #1

Does the blinking in window #2 mean the alert system is activated for both probes?
Or is the unit defective?

I inquired and got a reply, so here's the answer:

Direct reply from Maverick

Good afternoon,

Thank you for contacting us. The temp. for the BBQ probe is always blinking on the receiver. That's not a defect, it's suppose to be doing than and there's nothing in the settings that can stop it from blinking.

Thank you,
Martina Aziz
Maverick Industries, Inc.
94 Mayfield Ave
Edison, NJ 08837
Phone: 732-417-9666 Ext. 202
Fax:732-417-9673

the * is saying you the have the alert function on.

When you set up a probe for ambient temp (bbq mode) you set a maximum and minimum temp. If you have the unit on alert mode it will flash if the temp is not in the min or max temp you set.

So most likely when you first turn the maverick on it will show whatever the temp of the room you are in and most likely you will have the minimum temp set up around a normal bbq temp range and it will flash.

It will not stop flashing until the probe is reading within the min/max range.

It is not defective and I don't think maverick understood what you were asking... or I dont understand... Hope it helps!

Back