Table for WSM

S Freiesleben

TVWBB Member
Hi all,

I am almost finished with a table for my WSM, as I got a bit tired of moving it around and because it is easier with the meat when it needs to be prepared etc.

I have room for coal, wood chunks etc as well, so I think it is quite useful.

Herewith a couple of pictures of the build:

image11_zpsglw2il2v.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
image7_zps2bjv0clj.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
image6_zpsxqthg64j.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
image5_zpsfhrjkbk8.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
image3_zpsyiduhpcn.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]
image1_zpsayc3vnyn.jpeg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
That looks awesome! Kinda inspiring me a bit here even though i'm not the least bit 'handy' when it comes to building stuff! Just having that table surface is worth it alone when it comes to handling meats! Can't wait to see the final product!

Thanks guys, appreciate your comments :) Soon it will be completed and I will upload the latest pics. :)

Do all of you have WSM?

I don't know the percentages, but I would guess that a majority of those on the site probably have WSM's. It is what brought me to the site. After seeing all the great articles that Chris has on the non forum part of the site, I was inspired and the rest is history.

My only question on this type of build is how easy is it to remove the center and bottom sections for loading fuel and water? Also, are you going to use the empty side for storing supplies?

Looks like a good build. Well done.

I don't know the percentages, but I would guess that a majority of those on the site probably have WSM's. It is what brought me to the site. After seeing all the great articles that Chris has on the non forum part of the site, I was inspired and the rest is history.

My only question on this type of build is how easy is it to remove the center and bottom sections for loading fuel and water? Also, are you going to use the empty side for storing supplies?

Looks like a good build. Well done.

Hi Bob Ivey, I can add more fuel(charcoal) from the door and additional water can be added from the top.

It is quite easy to remove all parts from the table, as the hole around the smoker has been made big enough. Only thing I need to do is to remove the door in the smoker.

I am going to drill a hole in each leg of the smoker itself to make sure that it stays in same position when moving the table around.

The empty side has a door and inside I am storing charcoal, wood chunks etc. :)

It might not be possible to see, but I have also added a gasket to my WSM(both to lid and door), and that works perfect.

Thanks J Mac,

Yours looks really good as well and as I mentioned in your post I need to find a cover for the entire table or alternatively a canopy so it is sheltered when it is raining(and it can rain pretty heavy in Texas), today I am smoking chicken halves and I am bit worried for the weather.

How do you get it sheltered when it is raining?

I don't have a cover. I just used waterproof cedar stain. I guess I'm kind of wimpy as I generally don't smoke when it's raining. If you do a google search, you'll find companies that make custom covers. However, they can cost in the $100s to have made.

My last post is confusing. I'm confusing canopies and covers, although I have neither. I was speaking of companies that make covers, not canopies. I've seen some nice grilling canopies at SAMs Club, and they should be long enough for your set up. They are typically $400-$600.

Back