My son's new Smokey Joe

LeoP.

TVWBB Member
Picked this up today for my son at the local Weber Alliance Dealer. He is just a little over two and is dying to help out with the grilling duties so for now he will be cooking with plastic charcoal and food. I figure in a few years when he is ready it will be a good grill to introduce him to hot cooking. :smokeyjoe:

Buying this has introduced a new issue, my wife wants a Q Grill for herself so I have a feeling a purple one will be my next big purchase. ;)

Well he found the Smokey Joe with the Little Tikes Backyard Barbcue Grillin' Goodies pretty groovy!!! I should have added earlier that this is a treat to him for using the adult potty all by himself unprovoked. We literally hadn't even started trying to potty train him when he just up and decided he was ready. Below are some action shots.

The introduction, right off the bat he knew it was a smaller version of daddy's Kettle:

In use:

Meanwhile in the big Kettle I did burgers and sausage:

Last edited:
That's outstanding Leo. Ck out TonyR - he started his son out early and he's growing like a weed! ...and still helpin his Ol Man cook fantastic meals. It won't be long before your young un is cooking burgers and dogs for the family.

That is cute.....making memories. One day when gets grown and you two are grilling a chatting show him these pictures.

Anyone actually buy the weber kettle toy at Walmart? My boys would love it, but this might be a better option

Steve, beat me to it! A performer table would be hilarious! I like the shot of his first "cook"!
Smarter to get home something "real" and then he will understand what is going on when live fire starts, wise thought, Daddy!

Excellent gift for your son Leo! Won't be long and dad is gonna have to stand down with the big kettle while son takes over :)

Great pictures and you are doing a very good thing for your son. You are building wonderful memories for the future. You are a great dad!! Keep up the great parenting.

Back