Thai Peanut Chicken

John Sp

TVWBB All-Star
Hello All,

Recently my wife, Kari, made some baked chicken using a peanut sauce she made from scratch. The family really enjoyed it and I determined to adapt it for the grill (I seem to get a lot of my grill recipes this way). Below is her recipe for the sauce. She posted it on her cooking blog
, What's for Dinner? I made a batch of this last weekend and the family really liked it. You can see pics of that cook here...

Ingredients:
8 Tbsp PB2 powdered peanut butter
2 tsp Apple Cider vinegar
2 tsp Rice Vinegar
1 tsp Lime Juice
1 tsp brown sugar, packed
¼ tsp red chili sauce (I used sriracha)
3 tsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp Soy Sauce

Technique:

[FONT=Georgia, serif]Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl. Add water as needed to thin (I used about 1/2 cup of water to get a good consistency for the grill). Season the bird with your favorite seasoning salt (I used Benoit's) and cook it direct (uncovered) over medium hot coals for about five minutes turning frequently. Move the bird indirect and cook it covered to and IT of 150 while turning frequently. Sauce the bird with the peanut sauce (just like you would with any other BBQ sauce) and cook covered turning and saucing frequently until and IT of 170 is reached. Pull and allow to rest under foil for about 10 minutes prior to service.

I hope you enjoy this as much as my family did.

Regards,

John
[/FONT]​

Back