Brinkman Charcoal Pan

JRAiona

TVWBB Gold Member
Will the Brinkman charcoal pan fit the newer 18.5's? I've had some issues when I have a full load of charcoal in the ring and the depth of the waterpan made adding wood a bit difficult.

Have you read about the Piedmont pan in the modification section of the main website? It has information on that subject.

Will the Brinkman charcoal pan fit the newer 18.5's? I've had some issues when I have a full load of charcoal in the ring and the depth of the waterpan made adding wood a bit difficult.

You don't need no stinkin' water pan! :cool:

I have a new WSM and yes the brinkman pan fits.

I agree, the new style Weber water pan (SJ Bowl Shape) makes reloading coals and wood difficult. I don't use water so any pan i use is simply a heat deflector anyway.

The one possible advantage i see to the new bowl's rounder shape is possibly deflecting heat better then the old style (SJ Lid shape) or a brinkmann pan which are both flatter.

Weather there is any validity to this whatsoever is an answer for someone more experienced or scientifically educated then me:)

Thanks for your input Charlie. I actually have been using a clay saucer that has done real well for me. The problem I had with it is that it is slightly smaller in diameter than the water pan, so it was tricky getting it to sit on the brackets. I finally located a saucer that is a 1/2 larger and I think that wil solve the problem.

Back