WiFi Issues

Jeff Theobald

Just completed a new build and it seems to be okay. It was working before I got brave and bungled the network configuration while attempting to set a static IP address.

I did a "Reset" via the button and that didn't help, I did the norestore option from the Wiki and that didn't help. Sometimes (but not always) I get the IP address 192.168.201.1 in the display, however, I cannot connect to anything at that address.

Is there a way to completely reset to the default network config? I do have HDMI cabled monitor and a USB keyboard.

TIA!

I would say pull the SD card out and flash the "Snapshot" firmware using win32diskimager and boot it up in the Pi. Wait about 5 minutes after the first boot (to let it flash the latest HeaterMeter to the device and be idle), then use the "Reset configuration" using the buttons. You should see a message that says "Resetting" or something along those lines and then in about 30 seconds it will be completely reset.

The v12 release version that you probably have on there doesn't clear out the network settings when you do the Reset and the snapshot does.

Back