Harry Soo on Hot and Fast

Wow, talk about an insane profit margin on those drums! For $799, the backyard home builts look great to me. But I'm cheap.

Harry experimented with cooking hot & fast on his WSMs at the Elk Grove competition in May with mixed results. I encouraged him to keep experimenting with the WSM...but sponsorship dollars may play into the decision, too.

He said they are equivalent in ease of use and then later says you have to take out your meat to add coals and you have to rotate your meat every 30 minutes because the bottom is hotter than the top. does not compute

He said they are equivalent in ease of use and then later says you have to take out your meat to add coals and you have to rotate your meat every 30 minutes because the bottom is hotter than the top. does not compute

I thought the same thing... Kind of sad to see him downgrade the WSM to a gloried warming tray...

I thought the same thing... Kind of sad to see him downgrade the WSM to a gloried warming tray...
And drippings Do Not have to be caught by a water pan in a wsm. Straight to the coals is definitely an option.

Back