Weber grills rate highly with Consumer Reports

It's interesting that in their tests the spirit outperforms the genesis line? Here is a pdf printout of the results...
BCG8aZe.jpg

I'm kind of surprised they rated them so well. In the past they haven't. They typically recommend one of the Chinese brands. I know not long ago one of my friends who believes and worships CR more than the Bible bought a Chinese something or other because CR rated it so well. All the more reason I don't trust them. (CR that is). I used to subscribe but found any time I bought their recommended product(s) I had the worst luck. Than I found out why Kenmore product(s) always rated so highly (more highly than same product from OEM company) and did some digging. Found out a highly seated board member of CU was also a high ranking employee of Sears. Hmmmmm! Another reason I am surprised is IMO compared to years past of much of the Weber line I noticed a substantial degradation of quality. Enough so that if/when I find myself in the market for a new grill I don't think the big W will be high on my list. I recently put a new Genesis together for my sister and IMO the overall quality of it was quite lacking plus almost every part I unboxed was stamped "Made in China". So in reality it really wasn't "Made in USA" more like "Boxed in USA" ;-(

Back