Rib Eye Crunchy Bacon Cheeseburger

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Saw this recipe last month and haven't had a chance to try it yet. It's a little insane to say the least. Fresh ground rib eye cooked on a griddle, grilled bacon and onions, deep fried Gouda and topped with potato chips, garlic mayo and mustard, built on a Kaiser Roll. It was a really fun cook and the finished burger is outrageous. Here's the pic's.

Rib Eye, just under one pound.

Two slices of Gouda, 1/4 inch thick, Potato Starch, Panko and some Big Bear Black Stout. Gouda is dipped in the Stout and then coated with a crust of the potato starch and Panko.

Here's the cheese, ready for burger. I drank the rest of the beer!

Deep frying the Gouda.

Continued...

Last edited:
Cheese done.

On the KettleQ

Flip. Great crust!

Done.

The build.

Bacon and onions.

Potato Chips

Continued...

Last edited:
Told you it was insane! My wife laughed when she saw it.

Slice shot.

Well, that's it. This was a good burger. Tough to eat due to the size. A lot of flavors and some overpowered the others. Overall it was a great burger. Very fun cook. Well, back to the weeds. About half done. Will try and squeeze something in for Smoke Day. Have a great weekend everyone. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Well, that's it. This was a good burger. Tough to eat due to the size. A lot of flavors and some overpowered the others. Overall it was a great burger. Very fun cook. Well, back to the weeds. About half done. Will try and squeeze something in for Smoke Day. Have a great weekend everyone. Thanks for looking.
Now that is a burger, looks really good. It must have been hard to take that Rib Eye and grind it, it looked mighty good. Enjoyed seeing the Kettle-Q do it's magic. Excellent cook Cliff! Question....How'd you get weeds? Surely not from the rain, LOL

Another outstanding post Cliff!

Always taking things to unheard-of levels! And looking magnificent every step of the way!

Now that is a burger, looks really good. It must have been hard to take that Rib Eye and grind it, it looked mighty good. Enjoyed seeing the Kettle-Q do it's magic. Excellent cook Cliff! Question....How'd you get weeds? Surely not from the rain, LOL

Crazy, isn't it. This is the worst year for weeds in years. Going to be a heck of a fire season. We did have an extremely wet December, but not much after that. Pasture grass, 5-6 feet in places. Vetch is about 4 feet. Fortunately, that is only in one of the smaller pastures. Thanks for the comments Chuck.

Great post and excellent photos as always, Cliff. I'm with Craig in that I'm not sure I'm 100% sold on this one, but it does look oddly tempting. All the ingredients you used look top notch.

With this being a family forum I'll refrain from what I first thought when I saw that burger, but man that looks killer. great looking burger Cliff

That's just nuts Cliff, what a burger! You're so far outa the box with that one you can't even see the box anymore!
Were now two months into the fire season with no restrictions yet and it's been raining and windy all day here. Never had this much moisture this early.

Cliff, you nail that one FANTASTIC. The way you did the gouda was awesome will have to try that next.
Enjoy Smoke Day and forget the weeds!

Told you it was insane! My wife laughed when she saw it.

I bet - Looks & sounds good to me.... can you tell much of a difference between ground chuck or is it more subtle? You mentioned some flavors overpowered others... the fried gouda looks interesting.

That's just nuts Cliff, what a burger! You're so far outa the box with that one you can't even see the box anymore!
Were now two months into the fire season with no restrictions yet and it's been raining and windy all day here. Never had this much moisture this early.

Ditto (both the compliments to Cliff & the wet weather - wish this moisture came 4 months ago).

Now that's a burger for sure. It's been the wettest May here is years. Had to get the mower out the other day.

Back