Is the Mini Chimney Starter discontinued?

Josh G

TVWBB Fan
Is the Mini Chimney Starter being discontinued? Can't seem to find it on Amazon and have heard some rumors that it is going away. Anyone heard anything?

My new neighbor starts his charcoal with starter fluid. Just wow..........I have to close the windows when he fires up his grill until it burns off the fluid. I live and die by the chimney, although I don't know the difference between a mini chimney and a "maxi" chimney? Not sure which one I have, but sometimes I put just a couple coals in it, sometimes I fill that bad boy up to the top

yea, my local orchard supply store has them. I'm still debating if I need one.

I have both George. I use the big one on my Performer and the small one for the minion method for my WSM22. Probably don't need both but having both just makes sense to me.

I got the mini chimney while getting parts for my mini build--- I've used it a few times, and I even used it the other day to scoop partially burned coals into my regular chimney.

I own both. I find my self using the small one when using the WSM. If I am cooking on the kettle I use the normal one. I am glad I invested in both.

I reached out to Weber for comment. The 7447 Compact Rapidfire Chimney has not been discontinued. It may be that Amazon.com has chosen not to restock at this time and third-party Amazon sellers are filling the void by charging ridiculous prices. I'll continue to monitor the situation.

Is the Mini Chimney Starter being discontinued? Can't seem to find it on Amazon and have heard some rumors that it is going away. Anyone heard anything?

I saw a whole shelf of them at Ace Hardware and after just buying one from Amazon, landed price $28, Ace had them for $12.90. I like the little thing, great way to start a handful of briquettes.

CraigW

If you want to start a small batch (<20 briquettes) I use this from Ikea:

Ordning Caddy
ordning-flatware-caddy__23278_PE070489_S4.JPG

It's super cheap. There's a larger one (7.5") but the little guy works for me.

I like the Weber Mini Chimney for the handle and it will work perfect to fill my Jumbo Joe, but with the orginal chimney and this Ikea Ordning I'm covered.

Back