Q220 No tLighting

Darryl P

TVWBB Member
All,

The flame on my Q220 has been slowly not performing like it used too. Then today nothing won't light at all. I swapped out the 20lb tank adapted and add a Colemen 1lb cylinder and still nothing. I removed the burner and cleaned it. It lit for a few minutes that died down. I even took the regulator off and turned it on and "felt" gas come out of it (I know dangerous).

I was thinking of either 2 ways to fix it.
-1) Replace the burner tube
-2) Swap out the regulator
ie from this post/thread
http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?49713-Weber-Q-low-flame-or-no-flame&highlight=adapter+weber

Any other suggestions?
-D

It's the regulator. Not sure why but they're a trouble spot. Only really "bad" thing I've found with the 200 series grills. Most likely due to Weber deciding to go cheapskate route and start sourcing much of their parts from China :-(

yea, most likely the reg. but make sure the holes in the burner are clean. I don't use mine that much but constantly find the holes plugged or restricted.

As a last ditch effort, remove the burner so you can access the orifice on the regulator. Use a paper clip to make sure it's clear. Tap on the regulator to see if you can unstick the diaphragm.

I would also call weber, unlikely nowadays but maybe they would comp a regulator for you.

This may be a stupid question. I have two of the weber adapter hoses, is there a way to check the hoses? I find it hard to believe that they would both be bad. I would do the converision but I also use the tank and hose for a 3 burner coleman propane camp stove.
Bill Mc

Make sure that the screens on the hoses going to the burners are clean. Your symptoms remind me of a grill I had one time where spiders nested in the air inlets.

This may be a stupid question. I have two of the weber adapter hoses, is there a way to check the hoses? I find it hard to believe that they would both be bad. I would do the converision but I also use the tank and hose for a 3 burner coleman propane camp stove.
Bill Mc

Don't use the hose on a coleman stove. I did the same thing on my 2 burner coleman and ended up having to buy a new adapter hose because the hose got plug up. I learn that if the coleman only asks for a portable then just use the portable.

Back