looking for a WSM door latch

Rich Langer

TVWBB Guru
I have a spare WSM door that I shall modify by adding the electric element as shown, but I do not have the latch. Amazon no longer sells the compression latch that they used to handle - any suggestions for a substitute latch? :wsm:

Last edited:
Thanks JGault for this link. I was just surfing around TVWBB and saw this thread. I am looking for WSM accessories and hit on your post. cajunbandit has exactly what I am looking for.

Danny :)

He was linking you to a different page. Just plug that item into Amazon, or....

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B002DHHDEY/tvwb-20

Looks like it's out of stock (sorry -- that was me a sec ago grabbing last one apparently), but this seems to be a different sized model than what was referenced earlier in this thread. However, this one is the one that has 20 reviews from 18.5 and 22.5 WSM users. The other size has no reviews.

Last edited:
Unless I had a business account, they wouldn't sell to me...

How did you get it?

You don't need a business account. Just put N/A in the company (or leave it blank if they let you), and then for the payment method select "credit card" instead of "open account". They primarily do business orders, but they definitely do home orders too. I've ordered plenty of raw materials for other projects that I've done around the house.

Like I said in the previous post, you don't know what shipping is going to be until after you order. It's generally reasonable though, and I've put the cost that they charged me in the linked post.

Back