New Guy...1st gas grill.

Roger C

Hello everyone. I thought I'd post a photo of the first gas grill I've ever owned. And I'm 60 years old. Totally tired of the charcoal mess, and the Genesis E330 really caught my eye yesterday at Home Depot. I'm pretty stoked. I'm looking forward to trying out some of the recipes on the forum.

The box was huge, but I managed to get it home, and after 90 minutes, what is in the photo is what I got. Once I got rolling, it went together pretty easy. Only took 3 beers, and NO cussing. A well engineered grill if I ever saw one. Everything fit perfectly. Even the doors are aligned without any adjustments.
I like the copper color a lot.

6DVGRSe.jpg

Nice. Those grills are bulletproof. Enjoy it . Me , I just got back into the charcoal mess after a 30 year stint on gas grill. I know what you mean , though. :D

Last edited:
I'll still have a Smokey Joe on hand for parks and picnics, etc.

But I will surely enjoy coming home from work, and just turning a knob, getting the food ready, putting it on the grill........and BAM! Magic.

Now accurate are the thermometers on these things? Since it up on the hood, I'd suspect it runs hotter than down on the grill surface.

I admired that and the green one for a long time - sure feels well built. You got it at home depot so you probably got the PCI (porcelain coated cast iron) grates--- I count that as another bonus. Enjoy!

Yep nice grill. One nice bonus with the cast iron grates is they're more tightly spaced than the stainless which Weber has cheapened up so badly a whole steak can fall between the bars (or wires since they're pretty thin too). Once those flavorizer bars go in a few years order a set of stainless ones from RCPlanebuyer and you'll be on an excellent machine.

I put one together that we bought for my parents last Christmas, and I was very impressed with the way everything fell into place. A well engineered product.

Beautiful grill, Roger, I love the copper color! Welcome to the forum.

Just something I noticed in the photo and was curious about... all 3 gas knobs are turned so that the kettle logos are sideways. Is that the off position? Or is it shown here with the valves open, and (assuming) no propane tank connected?

Now accurate are the thermometers on these things? Since it up on the hood, I'd suspect it runs hotter than down on the grill surface.

I think it is very accurate. I use the Weber On The Grill app for cooking times - so far I've done steaks, chicken breasts, beer can chicken and hamburgers using the suggested cooking times in the app (love the timer in it too!) Everything I cooked so far has been perfect.

Beautiful grill, Roger, I love the copper color! Welcome to the forum.

Just something I noticed in the photo and was curious about... all 3 gas knobs are turned so that the kettle logos are sideways. Is that the off position? Or is it shown here with the valves open, and (assuming) no propane tank connected?

That pic was taken right after she was assembled by me. Kinda my "hey! look what I just did!" photo. The tank is behind the doors, but not hooked up yet. Valves are open. Closed, the kettles are standing straight up.

Congrats on a great grill and welcome to the forum. My wife loves to cook on my 96 Genesis 1000. You will love cooking on that grill. Don't forget to post picks of your cooks.

Back