Meat claw - which one?

Steve Hilberg

I am considering picking up a pair of meat claws both to help get large meat off of the smoker and to help shred butt for pulled pork. I noticed that a number of reviewers of the Bear Paws said that the tips of theirs melted or got soft when using on hot meat, though most are very positive. On the other hand, melting isn't a concern with these Tiger Claws, but they are more expensive.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00W601ENE/tvwb-20

Anyone with experience or opinions on either of these?

-Steve-

Personally I left my meat claw in the kithen's drawer. I use my hands that give me a better controll in feeling fat and consistency of the meat. I use a cotton glove under and a blue monouse glove above.

Steve, I bought a set of bear claws a few years ago and love them! I've use them on all my pulled pork and pulled beef and have yet to see any signs of wear. Those tiger claws are impressive, but I still love my bear claws!
Tim

I've never had any issue with the plastic bear paws. They work great for both removing the meat from the cooker AND shredding.

I have the Weber claws, and I use them for a lot more than just shredding. They work great for getting turkey, chicken, brisket off the grill.

I have the bear claws and like then. those metal one look cool but my opinion claws don't look sharp to grab the meat and handle part not rolled all the way around might be uncomfortable.

It is hard to tell from the picture, but I agree with George the metal ones don't look as sharp.

I have the 'bear claws" and have had no issue with them.

Back