Enchiladas on the Weber

Tony R

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Today I did some enchiladas on the weber. Since Maribel is out on the east coast I'm doing this by myself. Quality may go down but I'm trying.

Got this whole chicken and trussed it and seasoned it with Lawrys seasoned salt.

On the rotisserie for about 1 hour 15 min. I don't know what temp but used full chimney of lit charcoal. Used the baskets and poured equal amounts on both sides.

My kids ate the wings and legs. After it cooled down I shredded the chicken

I dipped the corn tortilla in the enchilada sauce and then heated the tortilla on a warm skillet. After I rolled them with the chicken and placed them in my cast iron.

Then cheese was added.

Melted the cheese on the weber for about 10 min.

No plated pics since Maribel is not home :(

Thanks for stopping by

Tony

Love it Tony....though you were going to use this for the Throw Down? Looks spectacular and smokey chicken enchiladas are the way to go!! Man I'm hungry now!

you know I'll be doing this! I'm missing the plated picture------I usually fill my enchiladas (only made them maybe a dozen times) too full of rice/beans/etc....never stuffed full of chicken or shredded beef.

Last edited:
We made Enchilada last week but I can see some more coming up real soon Tony, that cook is awesome. Will be trying the CI on the next cook for sure.
Thanks for sharing and hope Maribel has a good trip.

Barb and I just made some enchiladas from a whole chicken problem is we can't use the grills the wind is like a hurricane and it's also raining sideways. So it was done in the oven.
But we will be doing what you did that has to be really good! Tonight looks like the first night in almost a week we'll be able to fire up a grill or two, yahoo!

Great looking enchiladas. Nothing like doing your prep cook and feeding the kids at the same time. My kids would grab the wings and legs as well. My son would try to take the leg off the bird as it was still spinning ;)

I never thought about doing enchiladas in a cast skillet! Another cook I'll be doing when the kids are all here next month! Those look wonderful! Thank you for the menu idea!
I have to ask tho, Did you find after cooking those, you had to re-season your skillet a bit, due to the acid in the tomatoes based enchilada sauce? I use the same enchilada sauce as you, and find it the best tasting.

Back