Vasconia Pot is Back?!

Thanks Tommy, just ordered 2 of them to keep in stock. Kind of interesting that Pfalztgraff shows a red clearance tag on the item page, but in stock. But the order confirmation email "From" address shows DoNotReply@lifetimebrands.com, which I think is the wholesale distributor for Vasconia in SoCal.

Showing "sold out" now. When you try to add to cart, I get the "unable to add to cart" message.
Day late and a dollar short!!
Tim

Try again Tim. I just went to the link out of curiosity and it's back, with a 20% discount code shown after you add it to your cart...$23.99!

Yep this morning it was showing sold out but now it's not. So I ordered one to build another mini for my dad. Don't forget to use the coupon code.

I just ordered one and had no problems. Thank you for sharing. Now, I just need to find someone to make the mods!

Got mine today as well! Now all I have to do is find and pay someone to fabricate it for me!

Mary, this is a novice build. All you really need is a drill and a jigsaw with a metal blade. And maybe a tape measure. The pot is aluminum so it's easy to cut and drill. You can check out my build post I did a few weeks ago. That was with the IMUSA pot so that took just a little more work.

Mary, this is a novice build. All you really need is a drill and a jigsaw with a metal blade. And maybe a tape measure. The pot is aluminum so it's easy to cut and drill. You can check out my build post I did a few weeks ago. That was with the IMUSA pot so that took just a little more work.

Nate, I looked at your mini build several times, and it scared me to even try, as you had to cut the lip of the pot down for the SJ lid to fit correctly. I have all the tools to do this build, but am afraid I'll screw up the cutting end of it. I'm one of those that can't draw a straight line even with a ruler, let alone try to cut one.
Since you have made a few mini's, what would be a more than a fair price for me to offer someone to do all the cutting for me? I think I can handle doing the drilling for the temperature gauges and the screws to hold the grates, it's just the cutting that bothers me.

Nate, I looked at your mini build several times, and it scared me to even try, as you had to cut the lip of the pot down for the SJ lid to fit correctly. I have all the tools to do this build, but am afraid I'll screw up the cutting end of it. I'm one of those that can't draw a straight line even with a ruler, let alone try to cut one.
Since you have made a few mini's, what would be a more than a fair price for me to offer someone to do all the cutting for me? I think I can handle doing the drilling for the temperature gauges and the screws to hold the grates, it's just the cutting that bothers me.

The lip grinding is because the IMUSA pots are hit and miss on fit. The Vasconias don't have this issue. The SJ lit fits with no mods. If you want to cut the bottom out of the pot like I did, it might take someone a total of 2 minutes. This is once you have your line drawn that you want to follow; drill a pilot hole large enough for the jigsaw blade to fit through then cut away. It cuts fast. Or you can just drill holes in the bottom of the pot like some do. If you do this, just make sure you drill minimum 2" in from the edge of the pot. This way, if you want later, you can cut the bottom out. The you just need to drill 3 holes apps 4" down from the top of the pot to accommodate what ever size bolts you want to use for the top grate holder.

If you have a file, then you can file off the sharp edges.

Oh, and that was my first mini I built.

One more thing, a bottle of beer is more than enough payment to do this little bit of work.:cool::wsm:

Nate, you make it sound so easy! Maybe I can give it a shot doing it myself, I do have all the tools necessary to accomplish this task. I would like the whole bottom cut out, so maybe if I use a real fatty marker I can stay within the line. I'll order the extra grates tonight from Amazon and call Weber about a temperature grommet and pick up some stainless screws. Off hand, do you know what size of screws I need?

Mary, I used SS 1/4-20 x 1/2" round head screws. It really is pretty easy. You could use a 10-11" pie plate for a diffuser/drip pan, and use it to draw your circle, centered on the bottom of the upside down pot. Drill a hole just inside the line, wide enough for a fine tooth metal blade to start in and take your time. If you plan on painting a cool theme, that is the HARD part. At least for me it was. ;)

AS has been mentioned cutting the bottom of the pot out is super easy. Here's another trick for drawing the circle. Drill a hole in the center of the pot, put a stick or pencil in the hole. Tie a string loosely around the stick. hold your pen with the string where you want it and draw.

8635425891_e15ae5aa06_b.jpg

AS has been mentioned cutting the bottom of the pot out is super easy. Here's another trick for drawing the circle. Drill a hole in the center of the pot, put a stick or pencil in the hole. Tie a string loosely around the stick. hold your pen with the string where you want it and draw.

8635425891_e15ae5aa06_b.jpg

Case, that's how I drew the circle out for my swimming pool! Which worked out fine, for the pool, but I don't trust my hand being steady enough to use this method, But I may pick up a protractor when I head for Jerry's to pick up the SS screws. Thanks for the idea! If all else fails, I think I have a mixing/ serving bowl I can trace around. Thank you again!

Easier yet is to tale a couple of skinny pieces of 3/4" wood and lay them on top of each other. Scoot one towards the end of the other so they look like this.

---A-----=====__B_____

Tape them together where they overlap and then tape a sharpie to the top piece A with the point overhanging B by an bit. Turn the pot upside down, hold B against the side so that the sharpie touches the bottom of the pot, and drag it around the circumference of the pot. You now have a perfect circle that's about 1" in from the edge.

Drill a hole and cut the circle with a fine toothed saber saw blade. You can clean up the burrs with either a file or drag one of the pieces of wood around the hole and it will knock off the burrs.

I've done around 40 of these and it takes around 10 minutes to do.

Back