Hello From Mid America

SkeeterP

Hi all. New guy here from the greater St. Louis, MO. area. I've been a very amateur backyard BBQer for most of my adult life. I've had several Weber kettles over the years. Last year I retired early with a disability and was forced to downsize my life. Moved from a house into an apartment and as a result my grill got left behind. As the weather got nicer this Spring I started to get the itch and as I looked around for a replacement grill I noticed the WSM and started doing a little research. About a week ago I saw Walmart had the 14.5 WSM for $154 and after a few days of contemplating she's now on my deck.

IMG_1626_zpsbiarcwya.jpg

So far I've done a pork butt and even though there's room for improvement on my end, I was really pleased with how it turned out and it tasted pretty dang good.

IMG_1630_zpsdraolbsx.jpg

Thanks for having me and thanks to all who make this web site go.

Skeeter

Welcome aboard Skeeter. Great first post and great pics. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to seeing future posts.

Welcome to the forum Skeeter!
Great first post!
I've never seen the 14.5 or any WSM at Wally, will look harder the next time I go.

Thanks for the warm welcome all.

Bob, the Wally near me (Washington, MO) had one 14.5 and several 18.5s. I didn't see any 22.5s. I'm not sure if the $154 price for the 14.5 was a sale or not as there was nothing to indicate it was price reduction. The 18.5s they had were $299.

At any rate the 14.5 is perfect for me as it's just me, the wife, and 12 year old and the price was nice.

Welcome Skeeter, the 14.5 started at $199.00 so you got a good deal. I have one and it is just the right size for what I cook on it.

Welcome Skeeter! Congrats on the WSM and real nice first post! Looking forward to more post & pictures from ya!

Back