WOO HOOO. It works

Neil C

So after 4 nights trying to figure out why my recently completed HeaterMeter was behaving very very weird and not working I finally tried a different SD card and all is well. Wish I tried that on Monday. Oh well It works now. Now I need to finish my smoker. Here's a pic of it almost done.

20150415_182150.jpg

Nice! Did you make the UDS yourself? That's pretty close to something I've been thinking about putting together....

Nice job!
How did you work out the pattern to cut in the bottom barrel? I've pondered this briefly a few times, maybe I over-think it in terms of accuracy, but I have a hard time working out how to get that pattern on the bottom barrel?

Thanks, I was looking for that pattern... I've been trying to source some "food barrels" that had harmless stuff in them... but after reading about reinforcing the lids and such because the barrel is so thin I will make sure I keep that in mind when looking at barrels... It stands to reason food barrels would be pretty thin, and thin isn't good for holding heat... I've also tossed around a double walled design but I think I would end up with loads of cash into metal by the time that comes together...

Make sure to read to warning about which browser to use and printer setup. I almost ruined a barrel with the wrong size template

Thanks. Finished the fire basket and drilled the holes between the barrels last night. All that is left is to paint the handles and season it. Was to windy to paint last night so it's getting seasoned today and I will paint them during the week.

So the Heatermeter isn't hooked up yet but here are some Inaugural seasoning pics of the smoker. All said I'm kinda surprised there are not more smoke leaks, only 3 or 4 that need attention.

LL

CaVcaxumD4gdwq5vg9SYOQdA7rq5AdACzOcW_nCiR5rf=w718-h874-no

Had a couple spectators for the first lighting...

20150419_100139.jpg

Back