New Stoker

JR Baas

I have ordered a new stoker from Rock's. What do most people use for the software? I see stokerlog, stokerweb, pit Pal, stoke master, and BBQ monitor. I want to log each cook with the stoker and be able to adjust the temperature remotely. Will one of these programs allow me to do all? From what I understand, you can only use one program at a time to connect to the stoker. Is this correct? Any help would be appreciated.

I have used Stokerlog on a laptop (Windows), and Pit Pal on a tablet (Android) and I like them both. If I only had one application I would use Stokerlog. It will log your cooks, graph time vs. temperature, allow you to adjust temperature remotely, set and disable alarms, just about anything you could do using the Stoker's control panel. Caveat: my Stoker is one of the original ones without built-in wifi, so it connects via a separate wireless access point, but the new ones should work much the same way. As for having more than one program connecting to the Stoker at the same time, I haven't tried. I have logged into the Stoker just from a web browser (using its address on my local network) while I was monitoring it with Stokerlog.

Back