Expand OpenWRT Image Size?

Mark Morris

Hi,

Is there an easier way of expanding the IMG size, er root partition size of OpenWRT without rebuilding the image? Currently, I'm running HM on a 8GB card, and I'm sure it's not using all of the space on the card.

Might sound strange, but I want to add a couple additional packages (Ruby in particular) to OpenWRT for a project - but having a lot of trouble with the OpenWRT build system. It seems to keep failing on the incompat-wireless makefile. Also noticed some errors around the luci source not being available on SVN anymore.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Mark

No the filesystem can not be expanded from within OpenWrt. I've tried including the extfs tools that you'd normally use to expand it, but the tool that is used to create the filesystem in the build process creates it in such a way that it can not be expanded online. You can stick the SD card in a machine that has the tools on it and expand it there. However make sure you don't expand it to fill the whole space because HeaterMeter keeps your configuration data at the end (last 64MB if I remember correctly).

Back