Another Texan checking in

Michael Janert

Hi gang. I was turned on to the WSM by some smokers over at reddit.com. The community there said that the WSM is one of the best smokers available for the price, and it fit my needs perfect. I'm not new to smoking as I've used an offset smoker that's up at my dad's lakehouse a handful of times, but the WSM is new to me.

I was trying to find a good deal on a used one off Craigslist. I originally was going to look at a "once-used" WSM for about $225, but the smokers at reddit said that was a little too high and to keep looking. Sure enough, two days later I found an older ad that listed a brand new WSM for $250. I was a bit weary at first because I had to drive 40 minutes just to look at the thing, but I really wanted a WSM so I made the sacrifice, drove down to Katy, TX, and sure enough the WSM was brand spanking new! To top it all off, I got the 18.5" I wanted for $220! Hell of a deal if you ask me. Anyways, I haven't used it yet, but plan on having my first smoke this coming weekend. Looking forward to getting some great advice from this community and hopefully will chime in with my own after a while!

Back