My new WSM Grilling Table

Great Job!!

Myself I made a table out of an old Silver B I picked up for $25. I wanted a rolling table to use with not only the WSM's but also my grills. Also found an expandable Weber cover that fit like a glove, more luck than planning.

0523140940b_zpse1e305e3.jpg

0521141908_zps0602498a.jpg

JMac;
WOW! I am officially JEALOUS!:mad: (but I won't tell anyone:rolleyes:).

Great job in everyway! You'll be lovin' that for a LONG, LONG, time!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Wow... You have a collection to be proud of. I would go crazy just trying to figure out which one to use.

I have to say that it was a lot fun to make. Last year, it was just a flat grilling table, but I knew it was missing something. When I decided to buy a WSM 18.5, I realized that it would fit perfectly in that table, if I made some retrofits -- It came out better than I could have imagined. I meant to make do the cut out round hole for the smoker 21 inches, but I made a calculation error, and the hole ended up being 22 inches (and this turned out to be perfect). Had it been any smaller, I would not have been able to use the cover.

I've thought about designing and making something similar myself. Any difficulty getting the middle section on or off? I'm debating having the wsm surrounded by the table like you have versus having the table only on one side of the wsm to aid in access to all sections of the unit. I don't often have to add charcoal mid-cook, but his version would make it difficult to remove the entire middle and upper section as one unit as some people like to do. The few times I've had to add coals I just use a shovel and the access door, but I also haven't tried a super long cook and don't have to add very much. I guess one solution might be to mount the wsm high enough such that the mid section handles were above the table level and easily grabbed.

Sorry I'm just now replying, but I missed your thread. I made a modification to the cooker right after I put the first pictures. I made a small half oval cut on both sides of the WSM front and back. This allows me to have access to the charcoal door, and is just the right height for doing so. I will update with some new pictures. I absolutely love my table design and the top and bottom are not removable, but don't need to be. I also made it so that the grill grates are level with the table top, and this works well also.

That is a nice table(cool feature you just made for the charcoal door) :).

I considered adding a tile as you did, but I decided to go with mosaic on the entire flat surface instead.

Do you have a cover for the entire table as well, because I have been looking around and I am not able to find anything which would fit my table L: 55 inch W: 33 inch H: 33 inch

I do not have a cover. The table is cedar, and I stained it with Behr outdoor cedar stain. I put it in the garage in the winter, and it held up well last year. The insert is actually a granite slab, so I can use it as a cutting board or for hot plates. I did a new mod a few weeks ago, and added a folding side table so that I have a place to set the lid when I'm cooking. I will update with new pictures.

I just uploaded new pics so that you can see the final product from different angles. For me, it's been a labor of love, but it works great!! I just ordered an Auber Instruments Controller, and I can't wait to try it out...

Check out these pics...

https://www.flickr.com/cameraroll

Back