Wifi "crashes" after 5-10mins

Charlie H

Hi guys,

Suddenly started having an issue where my heater meter won't be accessible via wifi after 5-10 minutes after a reboot. It connects to start with and I can view the webpage and change settings etc etc, but then it just stops and I can no longer connect to the webpage.

I'm not sure if it's something to do with the bug listed in this thread or not: http://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?57460-Feature-request-workaround-bug-report-WLAN

I'm not exactly sure which version of the HM I've got but it's the one that needed the "white wire mod" using one of th edimax mini usb wifi adapters and I downloaded the most up to date code tonight.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Pretty sure it's a B with 512 ram (the one where you had to un-solder the yellow video socket to get it to mate with the HM board)

I'm getting this same issue, on a rpiB as well. Not sure about the undsoldering, as I purchased mine pre-built from someone who had ordered 3 PCBs.

It goes away after a couple mins, but it's the strangest thing. The unit it still responsive through physical controls, so I'm not sure what's up. The page loads, but takes absolutely forever -- like it could take 3-4 mins to load, or it might not load at all.

I was saving my first post here to be a cool cook or something, but saw this and decided to chime in. I built my first Heatermeter a couple weeks ago using a rpi b and Edimax dongle. The first several times I booted, I had this same problem making it very hard to work through all the settings via the web interface (maybe I should have stuck with the wired longer as the first thing I did was setup WiFi). Anyway, I finally reserved an address on my router and the problem has gone away. I've left my Heatermeter on for a couple days twice just to test and have done a couple cooks with no problems since. I wish I could say with certainty it's the reserved address, but I was also working through just about every setting reviewing and setting up. It's definitely something worth trying though.

Interesting, I'll give that a shot on the next cook (hopefully this weekend, after soldering some RC filters into place for my 4.1).

Back