I'm liking Slap Yo' Daddy BBQ Rubs

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
IMG_41511_zpswcq1j1mx.jpg

Last fall, Harry Soo sent me early versions of his new Slap Yo' Daddy BBQ rubs and I've been trying them out ever since. Used Moola Beef Rub on brisket with great results.

IMG_4049_zpsmwltu6b4.jpg

IMG_40891_zpspgxlqmpy.jpg

Used Jailbird Chicken Rub on yardbird and my wife uses it on halibut steaks and loves it! Love Meat Tender all-purpose rub works with anything on the grill or smoker (delicious on tri-tip, turkey and grilled veggies) and comes in 4 versions: regular, low sodium, hot, and MSG added.

IMG_36062_zps2jzkepna.jpg

IMG_36381_zpsihz2ibka.jpg

These rubs have just bit of texture due to the use of some cracked spices, which I like. Ingredients seem to be nice and fresh; some unusual ones in the beef rub include Worcestershire powder and shiitake mushroom powder to kick-up the umami flavor.

Give these rubs a try, I think you'll like them! Available at http://www.slapyodaddybbq.com/store/

see if he'll send a bunch of combos to have Amazon sell them---- the shipping for the 11oz 3 pack was $15 to me. Not unreasonable at all but still....

see if he'll send a bunch of combos to have Amazon sell them---- the shipping for the 11oz 3 pack was $15 to me. Not unreasonable at all but still....

I had considered buying some a while back as well until I saw the shipping costs.

I've been thinking of ordering them for years. Thanks for the review. I usually make my own and actually use his multi purpose recipe on his site a lot. I'm currently using Dizzy Pig on Pork and loving that too.

Ahhhhhh +1. His rubs are excellent. Just got my re-order of the jailbird chicken. 5lbs should last me a little while. :)

I had considered buying some a while back as well until I saw the shipping costs.
For the next two days, Soupbase.com (the company selling Harry's rub) is offering $2.99 shipping east of the Mississippi or $4.99 west of the Mississippi for orders over $35 (lower 48 states only). Harry's 11oz 3-pak is $31.95, so add another item for $3.06 or more and save a bunch on shipping! Use key code E299 for east and W499 for west.

http://www.soupbase.com/Slap-Yo-Daddy-Dry-Rubs/departments/146/

Back