Heatermeter display of battery voltage?

DPackham

TVWBB Member
is there an open analog pin on the atmega that we could use to input voltage of a battery? send alarms if the voltage drops? graph the power use with something like ACS712 Module Board? attaching to the PI would take a few more boards to get the analog data to digital...

Thoughts?

You could scale the voltage down before it is fed to the ATMega and still achieve the desired result I would think?

Yeah the blower feedback goes through a resistor divider and RC filter to get scaled down to 3.3V range. There's no empty ADC pins though, buttons blower food1-3 pit. All 6 in use. If you use a surface mount ATmega328 there is one extra!

Not that HeaterMeter would monitor it at all though.

OK. I'll work on getting that voltage into the pi.

Hey DPackham, I just saw your thread as I'm interested in monitoring voltage as well. I just set up a battery bank of salvaged 12v UPS batteries fed by a solar panel for a permanent power solution for my HM. I can of course get out there with a DMM, but its so much cooler to access remotely and be able to track charge and discharge over time.

Did you see this little project?
http://raspi.tv/2013/controlled-shutdown-duration-test-of-pi-model-a-with-2-cell-lipo

If you've started down another path, I'd be happy to test, or help out in any way.

Back