Weber charcoal grate #7440 not sold in stores at Home Depot or Lowes...

Not enough mark-up, they can't justify the shelf real estate..

I know Weber is known not to ever discount their products, I also have read that their price structure is rigid for retailers.

This makes Big Box stores look for larger margin items to fill their shelves..

Home Depot has really gone down in the quality of available products at their stores.. I even noticed it in their garden hose options, they stock a lot of the HDX products which are sub standard. I will say its worth the extra price to pay for Weber products.. At Least with HD they offer a lot online with Free shipping to the store & thye will price match online and brick & mortar stores and they also give an automatic 5-10% Lowes "competitor Price match" basically even if Lowes doesn't have same item on sale HD will give discount juts to prevent customer from checking Lowes..

I too snatched a couple extra coal grates from HD in Torrance, when i was working on my Mini project....

Last edited:
Home Depot discontinued carrying the 18" kettles in store all together hence the $20 blowout sales that people found in January.

Since they no longer carry the kettles themselves the replacement grates went as well.

My Local HD has their new 2015 Display up and their new in-store lineup is:

14" Smokey Joe (Formerly SJ Silver)
22" Original Kettle (Formerly One Touch Silver)
22" Original Kettle Premium (Formerly One Touch Gold)
22" Master Touch
22" Performer (Formerly Performer Silver)
22" Performer Premium (Formerly Performer Gold)

The Master touch is new for 2015 and i guess HD decided to replace the 18" with that.
By only carrying 22" Kettles then they can justify only carrying charcoal and replacement grates for the 22" as well.

Back