Question for Auber Users

JRAiona

TVWBB Gold Member
I'm considering getting an Auber temp controller but am unsure of which blower size to get. I do both high and low temp cooking. What blower size do you guys have?

Last edited:
I just ordered an Auber for my 18" WSM. Got the 6CFM fan. Should be getting it in by Friday. I hear they work well.

Below is per Auberins.com

Three different sized blowers are offered: 6.5, 10 and 20 CFM. A lower flow rate blower produces better control results at low temperature cooking (<250F). A higher flow rate blower is needed for a larger smoker and in cold weather for high temperature cooking. For Chargriller Akorn, only the 6.5 CFM blower will fit. For the 18.5" Weber Somokey Mountain, the 6.5CFM blower is recommended. For the 22.5" Weber Smokey Mountain, 10 CFM blower is recommended for low temperature and medium temperature cooking. The 20 CFM is good for high temperature control. However, a small percentage of customers (1-2%) reported that there was more than 10 degree fluctuation at 220F when using the 20 CFM blower.

Did my first smoke with my Auber this past weekend. Did a 8lb butt on my 18.5 WSM. Have the 6.5CFM blower. Set it to 250 and had no problems using the minion method.

It did drift up to 270 a couple of times but i think that was a user error in lighting too much charcoal in the beginning. I think using a blower you can light fewer briquettes and let the fan use the rest.

I lighted 30 and i think 20 would have been fine. If it gets too cool the fan will just blow until more briquettes light. Seemed much more efficient.

Back