What to do with this Brisket???

Charlie Kaiser

So I have this brisket...

A little over 6 lbs. I have done a couple of briskets on my old propane GOSM, but this is my first attempt on the WSM. Looking for advice/ideas. How would YOU smoke this hunka beef?

Of the two I did previously, the large one came out tough and dry, and possibly a bit oversmoked. The other one came out delicious. That one was very small and I did it in a foil pan in the smoker to keep it in its juices.

I would really like for this one to come out juicy and tender. Life's too short to eat bad BBQ! :)

Charlie
Kingman, AZ
WSM 18, Weber 22 kettle, Weber Genesis Silver B, GOSM

Well, it's looking good so far. Up to 189ºF IT and plenty tender except for the thickest part. I'll check it again in half an hour or so...

20150204_142450_zps07bf466b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Well, THAT was tasty. Fork-tender and beautifully cooked. I just used a straight salt-and-pepper rub, and the flavor could have been more interesting, although the sauce was a great compliment. But it cooked perfectly with no hassles. Never before has brisket been this easy for me. This one truly hit its marks.
Next time I'm going to use a more flavorful rub. In the meantime, I have plenty left and will use some of it to make Burnt Ends tomorrow.
20150204_185717_zps2b14ea1e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

20150204_190243_zpsbecfea50.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

That is a good looking brisket! Glad it turned out well. Of course now I'm hungry for brisket myself!

Welcome to the forums btw!

Back