Buying WSM Silicon Grommets As A Spare Part ?

Pete Weber

Does anyone on this forum know if the WSM Silicon Grommets are available individually through Weber ( for anyone who wants to install them on an earlier model ) ?

And if so, does anyone know what they cost ?

And are they also available for sale in the U.S. from anyone other than Weber ?

Over here in Australia we can only buy the 18.5 " model WSM which doesn't appear to come with the grommet, and so they're not available through
the Weber agent in Australia as a spare part.

But, we're also not able to purchase parts from Weber in the states and have them sent over to us ( they refer us to the Weber agent in our own country ).

Talk about Catch-22 ......

I went through the same thing last year, trying to get the Stainless Steel Cooking Grates for the 22.5 " before giving up.

Any suggestions on where else to get them ?

Pete;
Many of us have found the "slot" in the top of the barrel (center section) of the WSM is a far better solution as compared to the silicone grommet. My 14.5 came with the grommet and after using it twice, I cut a slot in it. I am MUCH happier.

FWIW
Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Robert,

I wanted to buy a couple to experiment with installing them in Stacker Rings for use with both my WSM and Kettles.

You weren't too impressed with the performance of the thing then, I take it ?

Pete. The PN is: 85037. Available here in UK. PM sent.

ir1i4k.jpg

:)

Last edited:
I bought two off Weber's website because the shipping makes it twice the price. I've yet to install it, one of these days...

>>>You weren't too impressed with the performance of the thing then, I take it ?<<<

Pete;
Using the silicone grommet, you have to thread the temperature probe wires through the grommet and up or down through the grates. Pain in the tuckus! With the slot, you just sweep the wires into the slot and put the lid on. MUCH simpler and totally effective.

I used an angle grinder to cut the slot. Takes, maybe, two minutes, and you're done...

I use this on my 18.5", my 14.5", and my Mini-Joe.

Dwain's link shows it perfectly.

Keep on smokin',

>>>You weren't too impressed with the performance of the thing then, I take it ?<<<

Pete;
Using the silicone grommet, you have to thread the temperature probe wires through the grommet and up or down through the grates. Pain in the tuckus! With the slot, you just sweep the wires into the slot and put the lid on. MUCH simpler and totally effective.

I used an angle grinder to cut the slot. Takes, maybe, two minutes, and you're done...

I use this on my 18.5", my 14.5", and my Mini-Joe.

Dwain's link shows it perfectly.

Keep on smokin',

I have to agree. However... if you buy/bought one of the newer WMS... you really need the silicone grommet to plug the hole Weber put in the side of the cooking chamber.

I have to agree. However... if you buy/bought one of the newer WMS... you really need the silicone grommet to plug the hole Weber put in the side of the cooking chamber.

Yea. If you had a new one Weber would supply a grommet. However..
The OP is looking to add one on an older model.:)
I rarely do wired probes anymore, but if I was so inclined, the notch sounds about the easiest way to use one.

Tim

I probably should've worded my original post a bit better.

I was curious if Weber make them available over in the U.S. as Spares for 'anyone who wants to install them on an earlier model' - but my particular interest was installing a grommet in a Cajun Bandit 22.5 " Stacker Ring that I have.

I use the Stacker Ring on my WSM most of the time I use it, and I thought it might be the friendliest option rather than cutting a hole or slot in the WSM itself.

I don't know that I could bring myself to take a grinder disc to one of the Stacker Rings though, anymore than the to WSM. :D

Pete;
Believe me, it only hurts for a little bit:rolleyes:. Frankly, after you use it one time, you won't remember why you were concerned.

Keep on smokin'

Pete;
It is FAR less invasive than cutting a big ol' hole in the ring. The slot will not hurt anything and is easy to cut and easier to use.

Keep on smokin',

If the slot bothers you (let too much smoke escape?), you can cover it with a small piece of sheet magnet (you can paint it) - it's the stuff the dentists & etc send in the mail that you are to put on the refrigerator.

Update:

My thanks go out to fellow member TonyUK.

Though living in a different country, he very generously went out of his way to purchase a couple of these Grommets for me locally and then forwarded them over to me in Australia.

What a guy. :)

You can't say enough about an online community that has members like this.

Thanks once again.

Back