I'm a little jealous of the snowpocalypse the northeast is getting!

Steve R

TVWBB Member
Down here in Tx we're not getting anything but sunshine, and you sure don't need to shovel that out of your driveway.

I grew up in the northeast and I know I'd be "working from home" today, but really I'd be BBQ'in on the big covered back porch while watching the piles build up.

C'mon, I hope some of you northerners are doing this!! Let me live vicariously!

Is it too much to bbq in?

My location didn't live up to the hype. Sunday they were calling for up to 24", then they kept lowering it. We ended up getting maybe 3". Honestly I was disappointed. I got a new snow blower this year, and wanted to run it through it's paces. I used it anyway, but over a foot would have been awesome.

I just got done my first round of snowblowing, a solid 18-20" out there. The drifts hit 3+' in some spots, with another 6-10" forecasted by morning. I'd love to fire up with WSM, but I don't have much on hand to toss out there atm.

The only white stuff we can shovel around here is beach sand. Somebody go outside and do a couple snow angels for me.

I'd get lost. My dog looked like he was swimming when I first let him out this morning, took everything he had to keep his head above the snow. You know there's a lot when you have to snowblow your lawn so the dog can take care of business.

Teddy, if you would like to experience a real snow shoveling experience come on up here for our next good snow. My Toro Snowcommander is on strike. Hey if the snow is 8" or deeper I'll serve you a slab of ribs from my smoker.
The only white stuff we can shovel around here is beach sand. Somebody go outside and do a couple snow angels for me.

My smoker is covered 3/4 of the way. No chance of smoking today. Drifts up to 5 feet and couldn't open the back door to get out. The driveway covered with 20-30". One of the worst storms in recent years. Roads are clear and will be at work tomorrow. Need to get a snowblower, my back is killing me.

I couldn't have bbq'ed even if I tried. with all of the news of the blizzard, the NYSE stood its ground. My firm follows their lead (broker-dealer) Not only did I have to go to work today....I had to carry a letter stating that I must go to work from my COO just in case I got pulled over by the police because of the State Of Emergency warning. The NYSE will never close unless it absolutely has to. I'm so damn tired of this snow crap ad having to risk my life for it I'll trade Florida or Texas any day.

Btw we didn't get as much as they were predicting we got only 6inches.

52 more days till spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teddy, if you would like to experience a real snow shoveling experience come on up here for our next good snow. My Toro Snowcommander is on strike. Hey if the snow is 8" or deeper I'll serve you a slab of ribs from my smoker.

Lol! I spent a couple years up in Chicago and experienced the 2011 Blizzard. I was living by Lake Michigan at the time and the snow drifts were pretty impressive (as was the rest of the snow). I didn't mind it so much, but then again, I didn't have to to shovel, snow blow, or drive, soooooo.... :)

Here's a pic from the 2011 Blizzard I still had on my phone, taken at Oak Street Beach looking at Lake Michigan. There is supposed to be some water out there somewhere.

FDEC5B30-189E-46C3-8D3C-5A74EA9259C8.jpg

Dude, that's terrible! I hope it was necessary that you made it to the office.

I couldn't have bbq'ed even if I tried. with all of the news of the blizzard, the NYSE stood its ground. My firm follows their lead (broker-dealer) Not only did I have to go to work today....I had to carry a letter stating that I must go to work from my COO just in case I got pulled over by the police because of the State Of Emergency warning. The NYSE will never close unless it absolutely has to. I'm so damn tired of this snow crap ad having to risk my life for it I'll trade Florida or Texas any day.

Btw we didn't get as much as they were predicting we got only 6inches.

52 more days till spring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a chance to go to NYC last week to get a job back on schedule ( glad I didn't ) We got about 10" so far today and a blizzard warning is starting soon with another 10" -15" coming.
I already got the call to stay home tomorrow, so just hunkering down and seeing how this plays out.

Tim

worse for you Tim than it is up here... I only wish the wind would calm a bit...at 40 MPH gusts with major drifting here...

Being a "non southerner" ,I'm constantly getting ribbed by my customers for being a "d*** Yankee". I let them know that they are stuck with me. And that,although I love my family dearly,I am NOT moving back to New England or the mid west any time soon!

Here's a pic from the 2011 Blizzard I still had on my phone, taken at Oak Street Beach looking at Lake Michigan. There is supposed to be some water out there somewhere.

FDEC5B30-189E-46C3-8D3C-5A74EA9259C8.jpg
Far cry from Tampa weather. Your lucky.

Back