Free kindle eBook "The Greatest Smoked Meat Recipes In The World"

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a waste of my time. I can never get back the ten minutes I spent downloading this and reading the first 10 pages. Further proof that anyone with a keyboard and an internet connection can declare themselves an expert. I didn't make it past the whole hog recipe where the rub recipe was measured in teaspoons. He didn't make enough rub for a supermarket boneless butt, much less a whole hog. The overly officious voice, instructing me what I must and must not do and explaining the difference between marinade and marinate like I was a 5 year old turned me off immediately. I suggest you not waste your time or hard drive space.

Yeah, I wasn't impressed either. The guy definitely seems to have a thing for digging pits in the ground. O'well, at least the price was right...

Hey guys,

Don't order this crap unless you want to learn how to dig a pit for roasting whole pigs.

Save your time AND your personal info which Amazon wants from you in order to "give" you this book. There's no free lunch, fellas.

The book stinks. It's useless. The guy who recommended this book never read the first page of it. It's terrible. He says he "didn't read much" of it. He couldn't have read the first page!!! That's all it takes to know this "free" book is bait from Amazon to get your email address and more from you.

As a matter of fact, by recomending the book without even looking at it, macgregor did a pretty big disservice to anyone who ordered it.

Amazon now has A LOT of personal information from idiots like me who believed the OP when he recommended the book sight unseen to us. Had he looked at this useless piece of crap book in the first place he never would have mentioned it here. It's THAT BAD, guys!

The price WASN'T right, far from it! I "sold" my personal info to Amazon for a book that is worth nothing.

Amazon is known for abusing the personal info of people who order through them.

The very least the OP could have done was take a look at the damn book before recommending it to the unsuspecting members here.

Thanks for less than nothing. I'm in a deficit situation now. Amazon sells personal info to other companies for sometimes as much as $15 depending on the Amazon users profile.

I got a useless book. Amazon has my info to sell. And these second tier companies sell it to others and on and on.

Here comes the spam. If I had your email address I'd forward the spam to you.:)

Last edited:
Yeah, I wasn't impressed either. ...

So why in the world did you tell us about this free book which in reality is an Amazon lure they use to snag personal info from people???

Be honest. You saw this "free'" offer somewhere and passed it on without even checking it out. Am I right?

Last edited:
Don't know about anyone else, but I am an Amazon Prime member so they already have all my info so it makes no difference. If I don't like it I will delete it.

Why come down on the OP? It was free in the first place and most peaple already have an Amazon account so they have your info anyway. I get a lot of books they sell for free or 99 cents. Before I get them I read the reviews and then decide. The OP was just trying to be helpful so why put him down. That is not what this site is about. Get over it!!!

You know, I saw a picture of a piece of meat the other day that I thought looked way overcooked. There were quite a few people saying that it looked great. I did not say anything since it is just my opinion. If you don't have something good to say, THEN DON'T SAY ANYTHING!!!!

Last edited:
Bob,

I posted that as a warning to others.

Maybe, as you say, "most" people have Amazon accounts but I tend to doubt it. And how could you possibly know if most people do or don't have accounts with them.

Anyway, I just have a problem with somebody recommending something that they in fact know nothing about.

Did you download it? Did you look at it?

I don't think the other guy looked at it at all. The thing stinks. If he had looked at it he wouldn't have posted the link and recommended the book.

It's that bad. And it sure as heck wasn't free as you say it was.

I know a little bit about internet marketing, Bob. Actually, I know a lot about it. What you may not know, Bob, is information is currency on the Internet.

Even if you have an Amazon account, Amazon now knows the people who ordered the "free" book have some level of interest in smoking meats. They may not have had this info before.

So now Amazon can and probably will sell the info to companies who sell smoking equipment, rubs, marinades and the like.

Will you grant me that smoking is an expensive hobby?

A list of people who have an interest in this expensive hobby would be very valuable to companies who sell smoking equipment and so on.

They will be more than happy to pay a premium for such a list.

And then here comes the spam. And don't forget, the companies who buy this information from Amazon are free to sell it to other companies.

I think you're being a little naive here, Bob.

Whether someone has an Amazon account or not, the OP didn't do anyone any favor by posting that link.

Had the book been a good one, maybe he may have been doing us a favor and trading the information that we have an interest in smoking for the book may have been a fair deal

But the book stinks. So we gave away our information about our interest in smoking and got nothing in return for it.

The only thing we're going to get for revealing our interest in smoking will be a bunch of spam.

I'll say it again, Bob. There is no free lunch.

Amazon posted that obviously hastily written, very short "free" book in order to compile a list of people who have an interest in a rather expensive hobby.

It would not surprise me in the least if Amazon paid a few dollars to some hack writer who did a little research on smoking and cobbled that excuse for a book together soley to generate a list of smoking enthusiasts to sell to other vendors.

Amazon is a very sophisticated company. They know what they are doing. Most people are simply not aware of their marketing techniques.

But at least now the people who read this know a little bit about how Amazon and other sophisticated Internet companies operate.

Last edited:
I'm sensing here that StanSulli has issues which go far beyond this particular lame eBook. I never recommended anything, as he's claimed three times now. I simply posted a link to a free eBook. Get over it, Stan.

I did download it Stan, it was free so I wasn't worried. Just a thought, If you had a concern, send the OP a private message and express your concerns or contact Chris A. and express them to him and see what he says. Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back