Vacuum sealers

Don Reed

TVWBB Pro
I've been knocking around the idea of getting a vacuum sealer for some time now, the other day I was in Costco and they have a Foodsaver FM2100 on mark down from $79.99 to $59.99 , comes with a 10 ft X 11.5 roll of bags, a small assortment of pre cut bags and a tube attachment so my question is, is it a good unit for this price?

From what I can tell YES it is a good deal and a good sealer.

read this thread if you want. It is from slickdeals.com the actual deal that was posted was for one on Amazon but in the thread the Costco one you are mentioning was brought up with many saying it was a good deal.

I will say I do not personally own this but am thinking about buying the same one based on these various comments.

http://slickdeals.net/f/7587110-foodsaver-v2244-vacuum-sealer-59-99-free-shipping?#comments

Last edited:
Ollie's Bargain Discount had refurbished 1200 models for $55 a couple months ago. Came with a roll of bag material and a couple pre-made bags. Works like a champ!

Thanks Phil, I did get the one at Costco Saturday, $64 out the door, you get a roll of bag material, a few zip lock bags and a few pre cut bags plus the hand held unit for the zip lock bags and containers, they also had a box with 1 8"x11' roll, 4 10"x16' rolls and about 30 some pre cut bags of different sizes which I also picked up for I think it was about $39 and they had plenty of both

I purchased the same unit about two weeks ago to replace a older foodsaver that had ingested salty water while making hams that froze up. I am pleased with this unit for the price. Besides using it for Costco purchases, it works well for my "managers specials" I would be lost without a foodsaver for saving extra purchases.

I'm posting to tag this post so I can get the numbers for this. I don't have a costco around here, but when I get home I'll see what I can do with Amazon.

I finally tried out my Foodsaver V4800 that I got as a Christmas gift. It seems to be a very nice unit.

The included accessories and bags sounds very similar to what was described above, except it also came with a small deli container... I know it came from Costco but I'm unsure of the price paid.
I need to keep my eyes peeled for good deals on bags and rolls to stock up, as I see this getting lots of use in our kitchen!

I've had great success, using the rolls and bags, purchased off of Ebay, from foodvacbagsandmore. They often have a 25% off sale.

Back