Part number for 2nd charcoal grate for WSM 22.5

JoeSebesta

I want to add a 2nd charcoal grate to my WSM 22.5. Do I just buy another 22.5 charcoal grate? I thought I read somewhere that the one you want is actually a different grate but I can't seem to find that thread.

Thanks all!

Joe,

Make sure you are getting a lower cooking grate. The lower cooking grate has a smaller diameter than the top grate. The top grate won't fit where the lower grate goes.

I am looking for a second charcoal grate so lump doesn't fall through, not a cooking grate. Thanks though.

My fault. In that case you need either 63013 used in the 18" or 63014 used in the 22" depending on if you want the second charcoal grate inside the ring or want the ring to ride on top of the second charcoal grate. I use the 18" grate to ride inside the ring.

On a random website I was on last night, a guy had the charcoal grate for the 22 kettle inside the chamber of the Weber WSM 22. They are both listed at 17" in diameter, but it appeared the grate was just a bit smaller. I'd like to see if I can make this work. It would be nice to not have any movement.

I appreciate everyones time, thanks!

Back