Walmart appears to have the IMUSA 32qy Tamale pot available for order $22

Rich Langer

TVWBB Guru
Walmart http://www.walmart.com/ip/13370045 let me order the imusa pot for free pickup at my local store it should be there on Jan 15
k2-_3cd5c930-af2e-408a-b211-518fcde1370b.v1.jpg
:cool:

AWESOME. I've read about doing this a few times now but I always get sidetracked. I'll get this part & be one step closer.... seeing some good stuff on the mini the last few days.

I have found that IMUSA makes different 32qt tamale pots that look very similar. The one I picked up from my local Walmart has a more rounded lip while the pair I picked up from my local grocery store (HEB) has a flattened lip. The flattened lip will take significant effort to fit the Weber Smokey Joe lid on there while the rounded lip only needs a little encouragement. ;)

I'm not sure if the SKUs are the same or not but the local store (HEB) IMUSA SKU fer the flattened lip is 94046-00034. I didn't write down the SKU fer the Walmart IMUSA tamale pot. :(

I put an order in for local pickup tomorrow, sez it'll be ready tomorrow - I'll update with the SKU

I bought the Imusa and the smokey joe lid did not fit. I returned and went with a different brand. Most have to crimp the lid to make it fit. If you don't mind crimping go for it. Last few months everyone who has bought an imusa had the same issues.

Last edited:
I recall seeing an IMUSA 32qt tamale pot with a glass lid and black stay cool plastic handles very similar to the valued Vasconia pot. I'll have to go back and git the SKU and shoot some piccies of it. ;)

$25, SKU 94046-00432, top of lip flattened out on top just like the non-stay cool handled 32qt tamale pot. Not looking good. It looks just exactly like the other pot with the exception of the glass lid and stay cool handles. :(

I decided to go ahead and buy it so I could take it home and check it out a little more thoroughly. I should've put my other stuff in the back of the truck so I could compare it right in the parking lot but I didn't. :(

My older Smokey Joe Silver lid doesn't fit over the pot. As a matter of fact, the diameter of the Smokey Joe lid is almost the same diameter of the tamale pot lip but it's just a little smaller. :(

To me, the other basic pot has more utility fer a lower price because of the aluminum lid that can be attached on the bottom of the pot. Needless to say...this pot will be going back to the store. :(

I made some measurements on the 3 IMUSA pots I have on hand. The Walmart one I got last month (perfect fit of the Weber lid without any crimping) has a lip width of just under 1/2" and the lip height of ~7/16" while the two I just got from the local store (HEB) (Weber lid doesn't fit) has a lip width of just over 1/2" and the lip height of ~5/16".

The Walmart pot has a more rounded lip on the top contact surface while the HEB pot has a more flattened top contact surface.

Hope these measurements help some of you out. ;)

had to crimp the lid on mine------still not a perfect fit but it works OK.

......just got it today & put it together in about 30 minutes.

It says Vasconia, but the picture looks just like the Imusa. It doesn't have the black handles or the black knob on the lid. Did you order one Earl? If so, let us know if the lid fits.

I didn't order one but I did send the seller an email which they said they would check on Monday (tomorrow) to make sure the picture posted is the one they would ship or...if it's the desired black handled Vasconia one that everyone is looking fer. I did ask fer actual piccies of the item. ;)

I ordered a IMUSA from target. Came in pancaked. Called them and they sent me a new one two days later and let me return the clapped out one at the closes target. It fit the SJ perfect. The lid had to be crimped. No leaks on either end. Rumor has it the Vasconia fit with no adjustments.

Back