Q200 - is it a deal at $100?

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
254213-1419177816-293089.jpg

Looking for something that heats up & cooks quickly, & is portable. I already have the gas go anywhere but I don't like it very much.

Clint, I paid $50 for mine a cpl years ago, but mine didn't come with an adapter hose or a cover. Great little grill, that will truly surprise you with how much you can fit on it! Throw 'em an offer of $75 if feel like it. But I will tell you this, if you think the Q will get its share of use, it's well worth $100.
Good luck and let us know how it plays out,
Tim

I got a 220 over the summer for $100 that looked like it had never been used. The stand alone will run you close to $50 new. I'd say it is a decent deal. As Tim mentioned, throw $75 at 'em and see what they say. I was looking for the exact same thing you are: quick heating and portability. I use it more than I thought I would.

I set up a bunch of alerts, told the guy to hold off---- going to try my gas go anywhere again to see if it'll work.

The "Q" is 100X better grill than the go anywhere. Throw $75 at them and even if you have to go at $100 it's not a "bad" deal. I bought one in decent shape for $40 but it didn't look anywhere near as good as the one you showed. I also got a red head Q220 for $75 that was near mint with the stand and hose. Neighbor bought the 200 off me BTW and he loves it

Looking for something that heats up & cooks quickly, & is portable. I already have the gas go anywhere but I don't like it very much.
I'm sure you pretty much know I have the "big Q" as well as the "baby Q" (how many times do they have to change the name of these units?)

You probably know that I hate my "big Q" I'd trade it for a dog that don't hunt and poops in the house. However, I do like the portable (baby Q) it a fine lil' unit, heats up fast and gets real hot. It has cast iron grate, very portable. Large grill area considering it's small size. If you can get it on that stand for $100, that's a great price. No stand, then $100 isn't bad, I see them every-so-often for that price w/o stand

this is more for the back of my truck so the stand really isn't a consideration unless it was collapsible, and it didn't have the shelves on the sides... I'm sure it's a deal, but the stand makes it seem like more "stuff" to get in the way. I still need to find a spot for a Foosball table a friend brought over a couple months ago.

The "Q" is 100X better grill than the go anywhere. Throw $75 at them and even if you have to go at $100 it's not a "bad" deal. I bought one in decent shape for $40 but it didn't look anywhere near as good as the one you showed. I also got a red head Q220 for $75 that was near mint with the stand and hose. Neighbor bought the 200 off me BTW and he loves it

I'm sure you're right - I should put that out on the curb - I'll give it one last chance 'cause I really haven't used it more than a few times, and I DO know the Q puts out good stuff....

I paid $100 for a Q220, with the stand, cover, hose adapter and a Weber griddle. Stuck it in our Trek and pull it out and use it when we go RV'ing. Really enjoy the cooks and versatility we get from it.

PS: That stand is collapsible. The grill stays on when collapsed and it can be rolled.

I got it, paid full price, cleaned the grate with hot soapy water, & it won't start!

I've tried 2 propane tanks, tried tapping the regulator... feeling pretty dumb right now ;)

turned off the tank & then opened it slowly, held a lighter @ the burner tube..

If I'd have taken a tank with me I'd have gotten a better deal - son of a !

:)

Thanks Chuck I'll try that later

Did you keep your receipt? ;)

I hope it works out for ya, Clint. When you turn it on, are you smelling gas? I've read that the holes in the burner tubes clog easily and people will clear them by just poking with a toothpick. I think I'd try Chuck's idea first.

Also, check to make sure there are no spider webs, etc in the tube leading to the burners.
Maybe try a small cylinder of propane too, I have better luck on my 225 with those rather than the big tank and hose.

I tried it again an hour ago & it worked. I wonder what was wrong with it. Hopefully it works with no issues.

Back