About the Cajun bandit door (wsm 22.5")?

Albert E

Happy holidays!

On my 22.5 wsm the original weber door will open downwards and "stay attached" to the wsm almost like proper oven door. Will the cajun bandit door do the same, or will it come off completly every time you open it?

I'm not sure but I seem to remember someone saying it did not. Mine won't arrive until the fifth of January so I can't check.

Mine seems to stay in place most of the time. With the factory aluminum foil door I used to lean it down almost 90 degrees and use it as a type of funnel to add charcoal. At this angle the weight of the Cajun door will falloff.

How long did it take for the Cajun bandit to ship out your door? I ordered mine last Saturday 12/27/14 and haven't heard a word. Were they quick to ship? I hate waiting for things. Thx

How long did it take for the Cajun bandit to ship out your door? I ordered mine last Saturday 12/27/14 and haven't heard a word. Were they quick to ship? I hate waiting for things. Thx

I ordered mine on 12-23 and got an inital email right away. Since they only seem to take PayPal, they wait for the payment to clear them and then ship. Shipping is via UPS ground so it will be a little time. Mine is scheduled to arrive on Monday, 1-5-2015. That should give you an idea. One thing I have learned about PayPal is that it is fast if my form of payment is a credit card instead of my checking account. Does not make sense since I see the payment clear my account the next morning but PayPal takes their time. I just wish they would take card directly. Also keep in mind that with the holidays, everything is much slower. Can't wait to get mine next week. Already have the new handle to install sitting on my desk. Enjoy!

My notification said Jan. 2nd but the next day when UPS had the tracking available, that said the 5th. Your mileage my change. UPS keeps their own time line. Good Luck.

I will be happy to do that but I already have nomex gasket on my 22. I also have the new latch for it. I just like the way that door looks. My existing door will leak a little even with the nomex since I have not molded it.

Happy holidays!

On my 22.5 wsm the original weber door will open downwards and "stay attached" to the wsm almost like proper oven door. Will the cajun bandit door do the same, or will it come off completly every time you open it?

It will not "stay attached" and will come off.

Here is mine...
3d1071024b5b52971587369644e61870.jpg
a8edb6b6aa3e02eabfe75855e0fc5962.jpg

Last edited:
I just received my Cajun Bandit door. It does not prop open like the OEM.
Altho the door seems to be a good tight fit, I plan to add Nomex insulation strips to the backside edges of the door.

I just received my door today, for the 18.5! I have to say CB was on top of their customer service game this time. They shipped it out the same day I ordered it. It's definitely way tighter fitting and nicer than the stock door. However, there is still a slight gap. I'll really see how much of a difference it makes when I make some ribs on Sunday. I also ordered it with the compression latch installed, and that makes a big difference as well. I'll probably still add the Nomex gasket, but overall I'm very happy with the product!!

I have the CB door and love the look. If you are concerned of it falling down, attach some chains, bungee chords, etc. around your handles and limit the vertical motion. Clip them on or off as you see fit.

I liked the locking feature of the original door, but when it came to it, the CB door is better. Ita not that big of a deal that the door doesn't lock.

Just wanted to share an option I was toying with until I realized it wasn't that big if a deal.

I have the CB door and love the look. If you are concerned of it falling down, attach some chains, bungee chords, etc. around your handles and limit the vertical motion. Clip them on or off as you see fit.

I liked the locking feature of the original door, but when it came to it, the CB door is better. Ita not that big of a deal that the door doesn't lock.

Just wanted to share an option I was toying with until I realized it wasn't that big if a deal.

I totally agree. The pro's of having the door over the con of not being able to keep it attached are heavily weighted for having the door. IF, and that's a big if, I even have to open my door on a cook, which is very rare, I'll just lift the latch and lift the door out of it's spot and rest it on the side of the pit... to me, it's really no extra work or worse than one that stay's attached. If anything, this one requires less fumbling around.

Back