Big bird cut in half

John M

TVWBB Member
Hey Guy's, The in-laws gave me a big turkey with no label to tell the weight of it . I think it might be about 15lbs plus. What I'm thinking about doing is cutting it in half and smoking 2 seperate halves. This bird has been injected with 8% solution. Nothing I could do about a freebie. Question is , since I'm going to cut this bird in half, should I brine this bird before cutting it in half and cooking it? Also, any suggestions about seasonings for the bird? What final temp's should I be looking for when it is done? Thank's for the help and Merry Christmas to all...

No need to brine with the 8 percent solution already there. Just season as preferred and go light on salt if any at all since it's already in the solution.

I like to inject my turkeys. I have only done on turkey that I spatchcocked and I injected after I cut it.

Hey guy's, thank's for the reply's.. It's just what I needed to know. This is the first time for me to do this. I'll let you know how it all turn's out. Thank's and Merry Christmas !

Back