Weber kettle barbeque Santa Maria style attachment

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
Silly? Creative? Expensive? Useful?

I dunno - it's different though.

$_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weber-kettl...achment-/141505828783?ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

Silly? Creative? Expensive? Useful? I dunno - it's different though
Different is putting it mildly. It's probably great, long as you don't use it to cook, you can be sure it'll sag/tip and you food will end up on the ground

Different is putting it mildly. It's probably great, long as you don't use it to cook, you can be sure it'll sag/tip and you food will end up on the ground
No worries about tipping, it rides in the tracks on both sides! And just think about how big a piece of meat you can put on there and not worry about springing your wrist or throwing your back out!

the design does not allow the cooking grate to tip. You will not lose your steak to the ground. Not even meatballs or whole grilled oranges Chucko

are you talking about this style?
The ones that you posted last month (give or take) look like this

1282.jpg

That is a well built "Santa Maria" Attachment

Now look at this one (which is the one Clint posted above)

$_12.JPG

It's sagging and there's not even an weight on it

I would buy one of those built by Chaney Grills (what you posted) I would not buy the one in this thread

but the cooking grates can not tip or sag...
I am sure all the Santa Maria style grills are designed the same, the cooking grate is attached to a block that runs up & down a channel...

look on the right vertical channel in this photo... do you see what I mean?

IMG_1034.JPG

but the cooking grates can not tip or sag... I am sure all the Santa Maria style grills are designed the same, the cooking grate is attached to a block that runs up & down a channel...look on the right vertical channel in this photo... do you see what I mean?
I do see what you mean. Unfortunately you can't really get a good picture of the one in question. However if you look at it, you'll see that it does use the channel concept (like the good ones) but look at the connection. It's a sketchy "L-bracket" with a "nut" welded to it (for the cable) I contend that this grate will sag under weight. As I mentioned earlier, I like the ones you posted last month and wish they ship, because I'd have one. I (gently as possible) say I wouldn't own the one for which this thread was created, if given to me

if our Wisconsin Winter Weather cooperates this December 31st, I look forward to rolling mind out of the "Grill-rah-ge" to fire up a Tri Tip...

Back