Roasted Pig

SalP

TVWBB Member
2 weeks ago my daughter and I went tent camping with a group that goes 4 times a year with father and daughters. That weekend was when all the cold happened. We were in SW Oklahoma, Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge. It's really nice waking up to 24 degrees in a tent.
For dinner Saturday night we had a roasted pig. One of the fathers borrowed a vertical rotisserie, which used a battery powered motor. The 150 lb pig took almost 8 hours.

Here are some pictures for your enjoyment.

Vertical Rotisserie and Pig

Pig done

Turkeys, we usually see a lot more wildlife. Only a couple of Buffalo, prairie dogs and the Turkeys about 35 in the gang.

And to stay warm a big campfire

Excellent pig pickin! I don't camp that way anymore - I ride in an RV with heat, AC, a shower, toilet, sat dish, ice maker, etc. LOL Though I've slept on the ground plenty, I'm soft in my older age.

A wonderful time was had by all by the looks of things. Pig looked awesome and good seat I'm sure.

Dwain, I'm with you, when our tenting friends try to tell us we're not really camping I respond with "we ARE really camping, and you're really suffering"!

At first I was thinking that's a lot of pig for a couple of daughter/fathers.
An' than I got to the last pic :)
Good Times!

Back