Looking for WSM 22.5 in Houston

J Bowie

TVWBB Member
I have a son in Houston who saw my WSM and has decided to buy one. As of yesterday he had not found one. Wants new

Last edited:
Amazon has em, two day delivery if you want, $399 with free shipping for standard, that's how I got my weber here in the boonies.

If he's willing to pay full retail ($399), then you might as well have him purchase from Amazon through a TVWBB link (see below). That way a couple of good things happen:

1. This site gets a piece of the pie, helping it to stay up and going.
2. He can get free shipping directly to his home (no driving, gas and possibly sales tax savings, etc.).

TVWBB link to Amazon.com --> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001I8ZTJA/tvwb-20

I went with the 18.5 after reading on Amazing Ribs that it was hard to get the 22.5 to stay below 275 degrees. Any truth to that?

No, that has not been my experience in the past. My experience is they use more fuel, but that's to be expected...they're a bigger oven.

And thank you for the Amazon plug. I know you have lots of choices as to where to buy, but buying a WSM or anything at Amazon using our homepage link generates a small commission that helps pay for web hosting, domain name registration, software licenses, and more.

Best,
Chris

I went with the 18.5 after reading on Amazing Ribs that it was hard to get the 22.5 to stay below 275 degrees. Any truth to that?

Based on my personal experience that is fiction.
I cook overnight at 230 degrees.
The only mod I have made is to attach the fire ring to the grate.

Nothing wrong with the 18" WSM though, I am very confident you will enjoy it.

Back