Crazy Shipping Losses

Mouser did the same for me a while ago. They missed the dip28 socket in the shipment and express shipped one to me. Their customer service is great and this shows that they value their customers by fixing things ASAP.

This was a component in my order that they couldn't fulfill initially, so it shipped a couple weeks later.

As far as Radio Shack, they gouge the hell out of their customers to keep their fledgeling business alive.

As far as Radio Shack, they gouge the hell out of their customers to keep their fledgeling business alive.

You're right about Radio Shack price gouging, but "fledgeling" isn't really a word I would use to describe them. Radio Shack has been around since I was a kid in the 70's, I think they were founded in the 20's, the same store I shopped in as a kid is still open today. They started out as Tandy Corp and sold some of the earliest home computers to hit the market. In recent years Radio Shack has become basically a cell phone outlet and the no longer carry the amount of electronic parts they used to, and they've boosted the prices way up on what they do carry. They have never been an inexpensive parts outlet, but they used to have lots more stuff in the store, lately they are pretty much useless unless you want a cell phone.

You're right about Radio Shack price gouging, but "fledgeling" isn't really a word I would use to describe them. Radio Shack has been around since I was a kid in the 70's, I think they were founded in the 20's, the same store I shopped in as a kid is still open today. They started out as Tandy Corp and sold some of the earliest home computers to hit the market. In recent years Radio Shack has become basically a cell phone outlet and the no longer carry the amount of electronic parts they used to, and they've boosted the prices way up on what they do carry. They have never been an inexpensive parts outlet, but they used to have lots more stuff in the store, lately they are pretty much useless unless you want a cell phone.

Yeah, i miss the RadioShack days. I use them for emergency and things i cant find any where else, like switches, solder....ect.. As they are very expensive.

A cat5 plug at RadioShack is about $7 and homedepot has it for about $3, same kit.

You're right, Ralph. "Fledgeling" was a poor choice of words. Radio Shack is way more flailing or failing. I get the impression -- and I have experienced this firsthand -- that the management of the company just sat on their hands because they had a massive hold on the market back in the 80s and 90s (I played the **** out of Chuck Yeager's Air Combat on a Tandy 386). When that happens, the business becomes nearly obsolete really quick as someone else innovates.

Back