has anybody tried the heatermeter on a RPI A+

John Bostwick

TVWBB Wizard
I just ordered a RPI A+ for $27 including shipping from a local company from Chicago area.

I wanted to know if anybody has tried to wire it up with a heatermeter. I figured for the price, I would give it a try.

If not then when a compatible version of the HM does work, then I least I won't need to hunt for an A version, lol.

I think the A+ and B+ models have changes in the header that would connect the rPi to the HM, so they would not be a direct fit at least?

No it does not fit. My A+ came yesterday and one could probably make it fit by mounting the beeper somewhere else and attaching it with wire. EDIT: The LCD would have to be mounted on top as well. I haven't had a chance to muck with it though.

Last edited:
Ah, so it could be attached with a wire connection and work fine, though. Reason, I ask, is that someone asked me to build an heatermeter just to use the WiFi and phone to monitor meat temperatures and did not need a blower or anything else.

So, I could use the A+ to save some money and make wire connection to the RPI and somehow make it fit in a premade case.

No you can mate the HeaterMeter to the Pi A+, but the piezo buzzer, resistor, and MOSFET need to be removed. Two of those can probably fit topside. The buzzer you'd just have to run wires to. The LCD needs to mount on top though so the case won't fit.

Take all that with the caveat that I haven't had a chance to actually try it. I will do it this Sunday I hope.

Back