Browns mini atc controller set up

John Wheeler

TVWBB Pro
I figured if I was making a 14 1/2" "WSM", I might as well put my old party q on it! I went to pitmaster 110 on my 22 1/2" WSM. This little guy should be perfect for the mini.

Here's the fan mount. I used a 3/8" steel street elbow with a 3/8" brass barbed end fitting. The guru fan actually snapped on and stayed almost perfectly! Better safe than sorry, I used a piece of heavy duty heat shrink just so it never falls off mid cook. All parts still hand removable.

Removing one stop tab on the daisy wheel allowed a 3/8" union to thread the adapter perfectly tight!

I sealed the remaining three holes with 3M high temp foil tape. In event of atc failure, pull off the tape and take off the fan. Back in business in a pinch!

Charcoal grate and air burner fully assembled.

Final fan assembly. Since the street elbow is male pipe thread and not standard thread pitch, I used a squeeze clamp as the bottom "stop" for the inside Union to thread against.

Hopefully it works as well as the one I made for my 22. Test burn and season tonight or tomorrow with a maiden voyage set for Sunday's game vs the Hot-Lanta Falcons. So far my cost of this project is still under $9! Thx for looking. More to follow...

So far my cost of this project is still under $9! Thx for looking. More to follow...
That baby is trick. I'm not a big fan of the Smokey Joe Gold, but it would probably be a better charcoal basket than the silver when using your pitmaster 110?

That baby is trick. I'm not a big fan of the Smokey Joe Gold, but it would probably be a better charcoal basket than the silver when using your pitmaster 110?

That's one of the reasons I like the adding the side vents to the Silver, gives you plug and play options. Honestly I've never really thought I needed a tender. The mini runs so smoothly, and I can get a 12-14 hour smoke on an super full basket. In the beginning I thought I might and considered the battery powered one. I still think one of the best ways to light the mini is through the side vent with the propane torch. You get no white smoke and can be up to 225° in five minutes, or 300°+ in 8-10 min.

Then there's the plug n play mailbox mod for smoke, that works great!

8452209544_af0ccebe85_h.jpg

14650485877_a835e7cacd_h.jpg

13846505133_9148e35b2d_h.jpg

I had one, so I used it. That's also why I made easily changeable. Now I need to make one of those smoke generators! Details plz? :)

I use an AMNTS tube smoker from A-Maze-N Smokers. I have the 12" and 18" tubes. The mailbox has a hole that's just a tad bigger than the tube. out the rear of the mailbox I drilled a 3" hole and used high temp rtv, to hold in the flex dryer duct. On the other end I just used a bunch of different pvc pipe fittings to reduce down to the size I needed. These are just slip fitted together. Makes it easy to thread on the valve then just slip fit the rest on. I use it on my UDS, Mini and my GOSM. The uds has 1" valves so I have to change the threaded nipple when I use that. I have some photos and if Flickr will let me get them I will post them.

Back